"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do.
God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know,
and holds us responsible to act." Prov 24:12

Saturday, December 5, 2009

My First Post

I have been wanting to start this blog for awhile and now it's finally happening! This is all happening because of a beautiful baby boy that has captured our hearts. I want to document our journey with him and share the beautiful gift of adoption to all those who come across our blog. The name One Stitch at a Time came to me as I was sitting here knitting. I have been doing a lot of that lately. While we will be able to come up with most of the money toward our adoption, we still need to earn some money to be able to bring our baby boy home. One of the ways we are doing this is through an idea I came up with, which is Scarves for Sean. My goal is to sell 50 of my scarves to earn $1000 toward our adoption expenses. So needless to say, I have been knitting quite a bit since I started this goal.

The idea of one stitch at a time means a lot to me. For one, as I am knitting these scarves, it is one stitch at a time that is bringing us that much closer to being able to hold our son in our arms for the first time. With each stitch I do, we are that much closer. It is also a metaphor for our family though. As we start this journey with Sean, we are growing in so many ways as a family, one stitch at a time. It is my hope that this blog will be here as an inspiration to all those wanting to adopt, for all those who have opened their hearts to special needs adoptions, to all those who have a child or know someone with limb differences... basically, in one way or another, I hope it is an inspiration to all those who visit.

One stitch at a time our family is growing and changing and being blessed in so many ways. When I knit a scarf, it takes awhile but the end result is something beautiful that is both warm and comforting. This is how I feel about our family. One stitch at a time our family is evolving. Our family is growing in so many wonderful ways and in the end, it is our hope that we have created a place of warmth and comfort for our children along the way... one stitch at a time.

6 comments:

  1. Sean is a beautiful baby!!! Lots of spunk and a little ray of sunshine. He smiles and just seemed to just have a happy heart. I am so thankful to god that he is going to have a mommy and daddy! I have prayed for just that since seeing him! I am excited to watch your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO grateful that you're doing this. When I saw Sean on RR it felt so personal, since I've seen pictures of a boy in a Ukrainian institution with a VERY similar condition. He looked so smart and so so sad, and it just broke my heart. Blessings for preventing Sean from having to go through that! I'm sure he'll bring you all great joy!

    Christine - Currently holding a $1 fundraiser for Kiril.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby is so cute. The first time I saw him I fell in love with him.I also felt so sorry for him.Now I do not fell sorry for him now because you got him now. I beleve he will have a nice family. I love that little boy. you just take good care of him.
    from anna 11 years old

    ReplyDelete
  4. God's Personal Call for Our Lives
    God has a kingdom assignment in mind for you and me. This good work, which has our unique name written across it, is our personal calling. An ancient Christian tradition celebrates this truth when it states that God sends every person into the world with a special message to deliver, with a special song to sing for others, with a special act of love to bestow. No one else can speak my message, or sing my song, or offer my act of love! These are entrusted only to me. Do you not intuitively sense this truth stirring in your own depths? Underneath persistent feelings of emptiness and unfulfillment there often lies hidden the unexplored treasure that is one's personal calling...His call will never diminish or restrict our lives. Engagement with the task to which God calls us brings alive, releases locked up potential, and gives real fulfillment. We know we are doing what we were created for...
    But a personal call is not for our own sake alone. It continually points our heart and mind toward our neighbor, connects us with some segment of the world's pain, and meets real human need. Living out our call becomes a way in which we, like Jesus, lay down our lives on behalf of others...Through the self-giving actions of the called person, the care and compassion of Christ for people is repeatedly revealed. In some particular way, the Spirit-breathed call will, in the language of the prophet, bring good news to the oppressed, bind up the brokenhearted, proclaim liberty to the captives, bring release to the prisoners, and comfort those who mourn...Personal calling involves living from the inside out. It is freely responding to the inner promptings of the Spirit, expressing the unique essence os who you are, and giving yourself away in some particular way that enriches the lives of others.
    (excerpted from) Trevor Hudson, Christ Following: Ten Signposts to Spirituality

    Jeremy and Devon have answered their calling with "precious baby Sean"

    ReplyDelete
  5. iam thrilled your adopting this little boy..i saw him on reeces and was in love with him and prayed someone would adopt him..please post lots of pics so we can see how hes doing..bigg huggs from canada..

    ReplyDelete