"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do.
God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know,
and holds us responsible to act." Prov 24:12

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas

Today is hard because one of our sons is halfway across the world without his family on such a special day. Many tears have been shed and oh, how we wish our beautiful ray of light was here with us today but we also have hearts full of joy this holiday season. Our lives are changing on a daily basis during this adoption journey and for that we couldn't be more grateful. This Christmas, we truly understand the meaning of Christmas and I cannot express how much that means to us. Sean has brought so much to our lives already and we cannot wait to spend our lives with him.

Merry Christmas Sean, we love you and cannot wait until the day we get to hold you in our arms. We pray that this will be the last Christmas you have to spend without your family. Sweet dreams little one.

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! I am so happy you are adopting this precious little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know being apart from your children at Christmas is difficult, especially when they are in an institution across the world. But God willing, this will be his last! So happy I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you! You just cannot know how happy I am for Sean. I saw him months ago and wished I could bring him home to my family. I blogged about him on facebook, and put a link to him so people could donate. The title of my blog was Proverbs 24:12. I wanted people to see how perfect he was, and know that he needed a home. My husband and I have adopted 2 children and have 2 foster children and a biological daughter. I know one day another child will find us, but for sure Sean has found his forever family and I am overjoyed!!!! I went searching for him tonight on Reece's Rainbow and was SO HAPPY to find your blogs and know that this little miracle has a FAMILY!!! All the best to you and yours!!!

    ~Melynda Hancock in VA

    ReplyDelete