"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do.
God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know,
and holds us responsible to act." Prov 24:12

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sean, I hope You Know


A mom, who is also in the process of adopting right now, wrote this and it brought tears to my eyes. I couldn't have said it better myself (except Sean only has two brothers so I changed that line). I just had to share.


Do you know?


Do you know how much I already love you, how I look at your picture and long to hold you, long to kiss your sweet face and rub your fuzzy little head?

Do you know how I think of you in everything I do wondering what you are doing, if you are safe, how you are feeling, if someone is comforting you when you cry?

Do you know that God put you in my heart and I already love you as if you were growing in my tummy, how I hate the idea of you learning and doing all of your firsts without me,first smile,first tooth,first step,first word?

Do you know you have two brothers that are waiting for you to come play with them, a daddy that is waiting to tickle your toes and kiss your forehead and teach you to play ball?

Do you know how many people are praying for you each day,you are special and loved?

Do you know how hard we are working to bring you home,that God loves you and will be with you no matter what and that he is bringing us to you?

Do you know?

2 comments:

  1. hey that was me who wrote that thanks for putting it on your blog I'm glad you like it.
    I don't have your email but I saw this video and I think that the first little guy on it is Sean? is it? the video is on this blog.
    http://gardenofeagan.blogspot.com/2010/04/must-watch.html

    katrina mommy to Josiah
    http://www.bringingjosiahhome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katrina! Thanks for letting fellow RR parents post this, it was beautiful and I just had to share.

    That is Sean!!! Thank you so much for sending me the link.

    ReplyDelete