"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do.
God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know,
and holds us responsible to act." Prov 24:12

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Fingerprint Appointment!!!


We finally received our fingerprint appointments today in the mail! This is very exciting news since we are on a huge time crunch. Sean's country shuts down all adoptions in the summer and if we didn't have our fingerprints with immigration done and an approval by June, we would have to wait until October to go over and get him. Just the thought of this breaks my heart.

So needless to say we (and friends, and prayer warriors, and the congressman's office, and the senator's office, and the list could go on and on) have been working SO hard to get a fingerprint appointment. We sent in our I-600a application to immigration on March 16. We asked for it to be expedited due to Sean's immediate health needs that can not be addressed in his country. It is now May 6 and we finally received an appointment. These last two months have been such an emotional roller coaster filled with tears, worry, anxiety, fear... you name it, we probably felt it.

Did I mention I hate roller coasters? They make me sick and I just really don't enjoy them. So hopefully soon, we will be off this crazy roller coaster with immigration and we will be in our son's country, holding him in our arms. That is what we pray for and that is what we have been fighting for. Thank you to everyone who has helped us on this journey so far. We cannot thank you enough!

4 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!!
    Thank you God for answered prayers!
    What is the date? I'm sorry the numbers I gave you didn't help, but I'm so glad you have your date now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll keep Sean in our prayers that you will be able to go get him soon. We named our adopted boy Sean :) too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devon,
    I just read a great article in our local newsletter about an amazing young man who lives a few towns away. He was born with very similar limb deformities, and he has accomplished so much! I would love to send you the article. In reading it, I also discovered that we have a summer camp, here in Maine, for kids with limb differences, called Camp Endeavor. Anyway, if you would like the article, please email me. crawfordalice32@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love those new pictures of Sean. He has lots of hair!

    Praying you gets everything you need done by June.

    ReplyDelete