"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do.
God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know,
and holds us responsible to act." Prov 24:12

Monday, May 31, 2010

Gifts Explained

About a week back I wrote about the gifts I had found for everyone over in Sean's country and wanted to make sure that I shared what we got just in case others are looking for ideas. I was going to take pictures but completely forgot and then remembered once everything was packed away. So needless to say, I won't be fishing those out but I will give the best visual description I can.

Our Facilitator in Sean's Country: Well this one I can't really say yet because I don't want her to see... sorry!

Lawyer in Sean's Country: Handmade beaded watch with interchangable bands. We included two bands with her watch.

15 Nurses on Sean's Floor at the Orphanage: Cloth gifts bags filled with pampering supplies... manicure sets, pedicure sets, nail polish x 2, hair clips, compact mirror & a mini hairbrush.

Government Workers:
Female: Handmade beaded watches
Male: Handcarved wood pens in a handcarved wood case

Kids at the Orphanage: All our infant/toddler clothes 0-18 months (which is a lot of clothes, LOL), receiving blankets & some toys (mostly stuff that can attach to their cribs).

I am excited about all the gifts! I really like that most of them are handmade locally and that they are unique. The man who carves the pens is an 88 year old veteran who can barely see and he carves all of these pens by feel rather than sight and they are beautiful! We were told as well that he lights up when people buy his pens and when the shop needs to place more orders... it brings him so much joy. This made me smile.

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful forethought! What a great idea. Its so amazing that you'll be able to bless not only Sean but many of the people around him too! And, of course, I'm sure they'll all bless you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the thoughtfulness of the gifts awesome..!!dont forget pics..

    ReplyDelete