"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do.
God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know,
and holds us responsible to act." Prov 24:12

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Nick Vujicic



Last night, we had the most wonderful opportunity to hear Nick Vujicic speak and have a personal meeting with him! It truly was the best Mother's Day gift ever. Nick has been such an inspiration for us since we started this journey. Shortly after I fell in love with Sean's picture, I found out about Nick online. What an inspirational man who will be such a good role model for our son. Here are a couple of his websites
http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/ http://www.attitudeisaltitude.com/

It was such a blessing to have the chance to personally talk to him. He was so excited about our adoption and wanted to know what he could do to help. He also wanted to pray for us and asked us specifically what would be the best thing for him to pray about with us. Guess what we said? Anyone who knows about our roller coaster knows that we need many prayers that immigration will come through and allow us to bring our son home before his country shuts down adoptions for the summer. So we all gathered together and we prayed about this. He also really hopes to meet Sean one day. That would be such a blessing.

Oh, and did I mention that he is from the same country that Sean is from?! He actually thinks his cousin has met Sean, which brought tears to my eyes. He said his cousin called him a couple months ago and said that he had met a little boy at the orphanage in Sean's city, and that he was just like Nick. Well, that would be Sean!!! None of this is a coicidence. This meeting was truly meant to be. I have no doubt in my mind about that. It was a magical evening and I just feel so blessed about it all. Like I said, what a truly wonderful Mother's Day!

7 comments:

  1. I'm truly in awe of what God has done throughout this whole process. The timing with everything has been perfect. Can't wait to meet Sean! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read Kiera's story?

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36984682/ns/health-kids_and_parenting/#storyContinued

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks Stephanie!!!

    Thank you Holly! I had not heard of Kiera. What a great story. I love reading inspirational stories about people with the same limb differences as Sean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great role model for Sean and CONGRATS on the figerprinting...hoping and praying that everything works out and he can come home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tears in my eyes after reading this and watching the videos. What an amazing role model for Sean! God certainly knows everything and its amazing how he knew about Sean. I am praying for your entire family and that Sean is home soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome! We were supposed to hear Nick speak at a pro-life fundraiser but we heard someone else who has the same condition as Nick. He was so inspirational-- I loved that his wife even got up on stage with him. Anyway, just wanted to say how excited I am for you that you got a travel date!

    ReplyDelete