"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do.
God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know,
and holds us responsible to act." Prov 24:12

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 6 Part 3: Retro

So this trip has been pretty retro for Heath and it cracks me up. On the plane, I pulled out some Silly Putty that I randomly found at our local grocery store and he loved it. He had never seen Silly Putty before. I forgot how fun that stuff was and I love how it is not messy at all. He was also introduced to Pez candy on the plane with the Iron Man Pez dispenser he picked out. He thought this was the coolest thing ever! I was just cracking up that his two favorite things on the plane were such simple things from my childhood.

Since we have been in S*s country, he has been able to watch a little more tv than usual as well. He usually only gets about a 1/2 hour at home each day if that. But here, when we are stuck in the apartment at times, he gets to watch a little more. Well needless to say, there isn't a lot of choices but they do have Boomerang which plays all the old school cartoons from my childhood. Like Tom and Jerry, The Jetsons, The Flinstones, Looney Tunes, Top Cat, Scooby Doo, and Wacky Races. He especially loves Tom and Jerry (which J* told us S* likes as well because he has watched it with her in her office before). Tom and Jerry makes him CRACK up and I too, forgot how funny it was. So when S* comes back to the apartment, he and Heath can bond over the fun times of Tom and Jerry. Tonight he is watching Wacky Races which I have actually never seen but he is cracking up to this as well, full on belly laughs!

So, it has been kind of fun to have the unexpected retro aspect to this trip... who would have guessed that!

1 comment:

  1. Pa Dennis will have a great time bonding with the boys over those cartoons!

    ReplyDelete