"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do.
God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know,
and holds us responsible to act." Prov 24:12

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 7: First Meeting with Ami







Today, tata stayed back at the apartment with Heath and Brooks so that Ami could meet S* for the first time. Ami and I headed out at 9:30 and stopped at the corner bakery, like Jeremy and I do every morning (boy, am I going to miss these bakeries!), and picked up breakfast to go. I get a pastry stuffed with cheese or cheese and spinach with a drinkable yogurt every morning to have on the way to the orphanage in the taxi. The taxis all line up right down the block so they are so easy to catch which has been so nice. They cost around $3.50 to go to the orphanage one way. We took J* three eclairs as well this morning so she could see what our favorite treat is from her city. Did I mention we all like the eclairs, LOL!

Ami and I took S* outside for awhile. I picked him up from his room and carried him outside and once we got outside, Ami held him for the first time. That was a very sweet moment but S* didn't last too long and started crying. And guess what?! I then took him and he was instantly calm... he is starting to trust us and see that we can be a source of comfort for him. What a great feeling that is. He also did something so exciting and so amazing today. He has not been looking Jeremy and I in the eyes, a trust thing, but today, he pulled back off my chest and looked directly into my eyes for about 10 seconds! How amazing and special those 10 seconds were! I am so glad that he is starting to see that we are people that he can trust and that he is starting to feel the kind of love he deserves.

J* also gave me some wonderful news on the way to his crib today. She said that she has noticed a change in him the last couple of days. She has noticed he is happier and more willing to do things... perhaps not be so stubborn, which he is known for. What great news to start the day with. I can't wait to see him flourish once he is home with us. He is just going to blossom!

We stayed outside for about 1/2 hour but he was just too hot. His fever is still there as well as the chest congestion. I can't wait to get him home and get some testing done to see what exactly is going on. We do know for sure that he is chronically dehydrated which I feel so bad about. We look forward to the day when he doesn't feel severely dehydrated.

We then went inside to play for awhile. He was unsure of Ami and not feeling great, so he was pretty mellow today. Hopefully tomorrow he will be feeling better.

We then came home to deal with an issue with immigration (seriously... we thought we were past this!!!) but it is not something that I feel like getting into tonight. It was very frustrating, still is and we are trying to work it out. I will write a post about it when we know more but if you would like to know what prayers we need, we need prayers that our I 600 application will be taken care of at the National Visa Center in the US, that it will get here quickly and that hopefully all the issues with immigration will be taken care of by Friday. We also still need prayers for the MO to sign quickly. He didn't sign today so please pray that he will sign tomorrow, Thursday. Thank you for all the support and prayers, it really means a lot to us!

Ami and I then went out to dinner while Jeremy stayed back with the boys to deal with the immigration issue. Brooks still has a fever, he was feeling a lot better until a few hours ago. Hopefully tomorrow, after 4 days of fevers, he will be fever free. That would be wonderful!!! Ami and I went to the Mexican restaurant that she and Jeremy went to the other night because they wanted me to try it. It was definitely not traditional Mexican like I was used to when I lived there but it was good. We then picked up some eclairs for dessert, a bottle, rattle and baby tea for S* and headed home for the night. Now Heath is watching some Scooby Doo with Ami, Jeremy went to the corner market to get some treats, Brooks is in bed and I am blogging.

We look forward to another day of bonding with our baby boy tomorrow. It is SO hard leaving him each day... I kind of have to be pried away, so hopefully he will not have to be there much longer. We want him home with us! Hopefully soon, that is what we are praying for.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Devon, S is even more precious than I imagined!! I forgot I had to sign in to your blog. Now, I'm caught up. Praying everyone is better very soon. I just love this boy.

    ReplyDelete