"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do.
God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know,
and holds us responsible to act." Prov 24:12

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 8: Wonderful News














Today, we received news from J* that the MO signed! At first, she said that it wasn't possible to go on Friday to his birth city for the adoption ceremony because someone who needed to be there couldn't but when she called them today, they said we could come! That means that tomorrow we will have our adoption ceremony and then he will officially be a part of our family. This is the last night he has to spend the night in an orphanage. This is the last night he will be considered an orphan. This is the last night he will not have a family. What wonderful news! What a blessing! Thank you for all your prayers.

Today we had a really sweet visit. Heath, Jeremy and I went in the morning and we played outside for about 1/2 hour but it was SO hot today that we then retreated to the inside because of how easily S* overheats. Heath is so cute. When we get to S*'s apartment (as he calls it, LOL) in the morning, he always has a huge smile on his face and wants to burst into S*'s room to get him out of his crib. He then proceeds to tell me over and over how much he loves his brother and how cute he is. He is such a sweet big brother. His behavior right now is somewhat difficult but is completely expected for a 4 year old who is in a completely different country, on a completely different schedule that has him sleeping less, and who is about to welcome another sibling into the family. He had a difficult time the last couple of months before we had Brooks as well. Sometimes kids, when facing big changes, feel like they have little control over their life so they handle this the only way they know how... they say NO to everything! That is where he is at. So while he is having a blast here and is so excited about S*, he is facing changes and we are dealing with some really annoying behavior. Oh well, this too shall pass.

Jeremy and Heath (who by the way, S* loves to watch) went home after about an hour and half and I stayed for another two hours with S*. It was such a sweet time between the two of us. The last hour I was there, we just laid on the mats together and I sang to him the entire time. He loved this and was so peaceful. I would close my eyes while I was singing and then I would open them and he would just be staring sweetly at me. He would then scoot toward me and give me a little cuddle and nuzzle, and then scoot away. One time, he scooted over, rubbed his arm on my cheek, nuzzled into me and then scooted off. What a treasured moment that was! Another memory I will have for life. So, so sweet. I am so happy that we had that time together today before he comes home with us tomorrow. He even gave me a big smile when I came and got him from his crib today!

I then caught a cab home and once Heath woke up from his nap (he was exhausted, picture included), we headed out to the beautiful pedestrian zone filled with shops and restaurants. This place is always bustling with people. It is absolutely beautiful with amazing older buildings... buildings we just don't see in the states, especially on the west coast where I am from. We then stopped for an Italian dinner in the zone and Jeremy and Ami had some gelato for dessert. After that we headed to the largest park in the city where an old fortress is located. The park is beautiful. It is so green and shady and is right on the Sava river. It was a really nice evening out together. We then headed home to get a good night's sleep because Jeremy and I have to leave at 5:45 in the morning for our adoption ceremony. Wow, that is early when I am having trouble falling asleep before 1:00 am each night. Hopefully, I will be off to bed soon.

Can't wait for tomorrow! Can't wait to show the pictures of our newest, official, family member!

3 comments:

  1. Indeed what a blessing!!! God is good! It was so sweet to hear about you and your special time with S* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics...especially that one with a certain someone in it! :) Your son (who is so cute!!) is playing with mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am beyond excited!!! Thats the best news ever!!!! He is such a cutie and we have loved following your blog!!

    Wow...gotcha day soooo quickly!!! I thought.....did I miss something? Did they wave the 10 day?

    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete