"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do.
God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know,
and holds us responsible to act." Prov 24:12

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day One: We're Here!





We have arrived and everyone but me is sleeping soundly in our apartment. It was a very long trip, especially with two young kids, but all in all it went really well. All our luggage made it, the kids slept for most of the 8 1/2 hour overnight flight and we made it to our apartment safely. Thank you for all the prayers!

We left yesterday, June 2, around 5 pm and arrived at our destination on June 3 at 5 pm. A full 24 hours later... well we are actually 7 hours ahead here but it still makes for a long trip!

I was so proud of our sons on the trip. They did so well and only had a couple of breakdowns. But, I think I have had to deal with enough vomit for one day! First, our oldest decided that every time we took off or landed, he was going to be sick. It didn't actually happen until the most inopportune time... he has a special knack for this. Luckily we had brought the complimentary sick bag off the plane with us after the 8 1/2 hour trip. Right when he passed through security and we are awaiting to get through and get our bags with our passports, etc. he starts throwing up! His dad couldn't get through because he forgot to take off his belt and I was trying to grab the important bag with all our documents in the sea of people, so neither of us could get to him. Luckily, like I said he had the bag and some unknown passenger actually starting helping him hold the bag to ensure his aim. How sweet that was of her! I don't think I would jump in to help a young child with his vomit bag but she did not hesitate and that really meant a lot to us. So whoever you are, thank you!

Then, as we were on our last flight, the shortest of all, our youngest decided he had to go number 2 and started pushing. Well sometimes he pushes so hard that he makes himself vomit which of course happened this time on the plane. Luckily I had quick hands and caught it all in my bare hands! Yum! Then, about 15 minutes later I hear the kid in back of us say that he isn't feeling well. The next thing I know I hear him vomit and a mist of vomit sprayed over the top of my son and I! Seriously! I have never even heard of such a thing! Gross, gross, gross. So needless to say, I have had enough vomit for one day.

The city we are in is beautiful with lots of old buildings. I will tell you where we are at in a few days!

And I cannot believe that in less than 24 hours we will be meeting our son for the first time! So, so excited. It doesn't feel weird, we aren't nervous, it doesn't seem strange to us that we are all far away from home... everyone just kind of went to bed peacefully even with the big excitement of tomorrow. It all just feels good, it all just feels right. Nothing about this seems strange or stressful. It all just feels right and normal. And that is a GOOD feeling! See you tomorrow baby boy!!!

7 comments:

  1. I am glad you made it safely! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your newest family memeber! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's the mark of a mother. catching vomit in her hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!!!! You are there! Send some love to my Little Man since you are closer to him than I am! :) I can't imagine the feelings you are having right now..knowing you will hold your son tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you! I think of your family often throughout the day and say a prayer each time I do. I can't wait for you to finally hold S* in your arms and to see a picture of your family of 5!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Devon.... SOOOOO exciting!!!!! Cant wait to hear about your meeting with Sean tomorrow. Keep us posted! :) Sorry to hear all about the throw up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see pictures of you holding your boy! He is the sweetest kid, and I can't WAIT to see him cruising all over his new HOME!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can not wait to 'meet' him!!!!!

    ReplyDelete