"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do.
God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know,
and holds us responsible to act." Prov 24:12

Monday, July 12, 2010

Heritage Hill Church






This past Sunday, we finally had the opportunity to introduce our family of five to everyone at Heritage Hill Church. I cannot tell you how much it meant to me. I had been waiting for that moment for so long and when we were up there introducing Sasha, I just couldn't believe the moment I had been dreaming about was finally here. Heritage Hill has been such a blessing to us throughout this adoption journey. They offered to throw us a benefit dinner and silent auction before we even knew them. How many churches will do all of that for a family that does not even attend their church? We were blown away be their kindness and generosity.

After the dinner, we started attending the church and I can honestly say that I have finally found a place that feels like home. I look forward to each Sunday where I can listen to some amazing music and hear the wonderful Pastor Ray speak. Each Sunday when I walk out the doors after the service, I feel so inspired and so blessed that I finally found a church that feels... I don't really even know how to say it but it just feels RIGHT. It feels like the place I should be and after years of searching, I cannot tell you how much that means to me. Thank you Stephanie for introducing me to your wonderful church!

The church has been so supportive of us and we cannot thank them enough. We had so many people praying for Sasha and for our family, giving us words of encouragement throughout, lifting our spirits when times got tough and just sending so much love toward Sasha. They truly love Sasha and it was such a blessing to have the opportunity to walk up to the front of the service on Sunday and introduce our precious boy to a group of people that already care so much about him. Sasha received a standing ovation... how cool is that!? He deserves it... he is such an amazingly wonderful child.

I could not contain my tears nor could Jeremy as he took the microphone to thank everyone. Luckily we had Heath to add some humor to it all. After telling everyone about how great Serbia was because of our tall apartment and the bounce houses in the park (what can I say, the bounce houses really made an impression on him) he proceeded to lick the microphone! Well I guess that is what four year old's do with a microphone that somewhat resembles an ice cream cone... yuck! After a big dose of disinfectant, the mic was all good and everyone had a good laugh.

Thank you to everyone at Heritage Hill Church who prayed so hard for Sasha and our family these last few months! Your support and love for our child moves us beyond words and we cannot thank you enough!

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful its great when a church takes you in as a whole family which is what god intended..your pics are adorable iam so glad he found a loveing home..xooxoxo

    ReplyDelete