"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do.
God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know,
and holds us responsible to act." Prov 24:12

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Brooks Turns 2!

Brooks Woodrow turned 2 a couple of weeks ago! This is an overdue post as well... what can I say, I'm a little late sometimes these days. He was sick on his actual birthday so we celebrated a few days later with his Gram and Pa (my parents) who were in town for a visit. He loved his little party (Brooks is not the most social one in the family so he prefers small gatherings). It was a very special day for him. He has grown so much in the last few weeks. He finally decided that walking actually is pretty cool, he is talking up a storm and loves to play with Heath and Sasha.

Brooks, you are such a blessing to our family and I feel so blessed that I was called to be your mama. You have such a beautiful soul that wraps us in love each and every day. You are so loving toward your family. I love the way you just say "I love you mama" or "I love your daddy" out of the blue throughout the day. I love the way you come up to us every now and then throughout the day for cuddles. I LOVE that when I get out of my pj's or sweats, that you notice right away and say "pretty mama" in the sweetest voice. I love how when I go upstairs to get ready, I can hear your footsteps following quickly behind with you saying "Mama, MAMA!, pretty mama... pretty mama" and then you insist that I wear your favorite "pretty" shirt with blue flowers on it. I love how you are always very quick to say thank you... you are always grateful for what you have and what you receive. There is SO much I love about you Brooks Woodrow. You are a light of love throughout the day and I truly feel blessed to be your mama. Happy 2nd Birthday Baby Boy!!!

Our family :)


Brooks with a few of his gifts.


His favorite gift? The choo choo toothbrush! Who would have guessed that?! His dentist will sure be happy.


Gram and Pa gave Brooks a custom sleeping bag for his birthday, just like Heath got for his 2nd birthday (except Brooks picked out cars instead of construction trucks). They were both SO excited about his new sleeping bag and Heath went and got his so they could hang out together in their bags. Just wait, in a couple days, Sasha will be getting his custom bag (even sized to fit him!), and then all three can hang out together in their bags! They will all be so excited.


Pizza Dinner


Brooks' "Choo Choo" cake. At first, I was going to make a monster truck cake but a few weeks before his birthday, Brooks became pretty insistent that he was going to actually have a choo choo party and a choo choo cake. He was SO excited for his choo choo cake. It was not one of my best (Rosie, the lead train, looks... well she didn't turn out as I had planned) but Brooks loved it and that is all that matters :)


Brooks gobbling up Rosie.


Gram thoroughly enjoying the rockin' choo choo party!


Gram still enjoying the party...


Brooks loving his "choo choo" gift bag.


B busy getting all the loot out...


Brooks loving his first ever candy necklace from his gift bag... that was a sticky mess!


Sasha thinking that gift bags are pretty cool too and loving his new Matchbox car.


Heath & Sasha enjoying their gift bags.


Happy 2nd Birthday Brooks Woodrow! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment