"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do.
God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know,
and holds us responsible to act." Prov 24:12

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Surprise From Sasha

Sasha has a SURPRISE for everyone.

For a little over a month he has been doing this and it comes just a few short months after a local physical therapist here in town (the one in which I politely but firmly told that his diagnosis for my son was wrong) basically wrote Sasha off for life and said that he would never be able to do this.....



this...



or this!



Look who is sitting all on his own!!! That PT did not want to listen to me when I said that he was wrong and that my son would not only sit one day but that he would be mobile as well. If only I could see that PT's face now. Let's hope the news trickles back to him so he doesn't so carelessly write off other kids in the future.

And let's look at this picture again. I love this picture because it truly feels like God and his angels are right there with Sasha, hands on his shoulder, helping him accomplish these monumental tasks. Look at the light shining down on him... it is just amazing. There are a few pictures of Sasha where I have noticed light shining on him in quite a special way. I have no doubt in my mind that God has very special plans for Sasha.

13 comments:

  1. I never doubted for a minute! He is one amazing boy, and he will do mighty things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!!! He is so sweet. Can't believe how much he's grown since being home. Hope that therapist gets a chance to see this amazing boy that he wrote off so easily. Maybe he would learn to never put limitations on what love can do for someone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Devon that is SO awesome!! YAY Sasha!! God is so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great! You guys are big part of it too... What a bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BRAVO!!!!!! I would SO be sending a copy of these pictures to the PT, along with a note that says, "Never say never! When you say "never" you put YOUR limits on the child!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome post!! Great thing to wake up to! :) God is so good!!! That boy of yours is very special!! I knew that the moment I laid eyes on him!! Go Sasha Go!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY Sasha! I have no doubt that he's going to do MANY awesome things in his life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for Sasha!! He is doing awesome. I'm sure it also feels good to think "I told you so!" regarding that PT. I hope he realizes how wrong he was.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad for Sasha and for y'all. Y'all are an encouragement to me. We adopted a little girl 3 months ago with 3 limb differences. We are amazed at what she can do but I love to hear about your beautiful son.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful! You're right--nothing will stop Sasha!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that is so wonderful! Way to go Sasha. And yes, I have no doubt that God has His hands on Sasha and shines His light upon him in a totally special way. I think Sasha will continue to amaze the experts as he grows and adds new moves to his reportory.

    You must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete