"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do.
God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know,
and holds us responsible to act." Prov 24:12

Friday, June 10, 2011

Heath Turns 5!

I cannot believe I am even typing this. This past week, our baby boy turned 5 and became more of a big boy rather than a baby boy! For some reason, 5 seems like a big change to me... the first real birthday where big things happen and change. He will be going to school in a few months now that he is 5! How much more of a change can that be?!

Heath Toomey, we love you so much. You are our first born and the moment you were born, our lives literally changed forever. That first moment I saw you, that first moment they set you on my chest... I remember it like it was yesterday and it still brings tears to my eyes when I think about. That is the moment my life changed forever! That is the moment when I felt a love explode inside of me that I never even knew was possible... an all encompassing, unconditional love like no other. You changed our lives 5 years ago Heath and you continue to change our lives each and every day.

You are so unbelievably brilliant and you continue to amaze us with the things you do and the things you come up with. I heard a quote once that said "Lawyers are not made, they are born". Yep, that pretty much sums up you. You will argue any point from the smallest trivial thing to the most important concept of God and you will do it with assertiveness, confidence and intelligence. While this trait may wear on us on a daily basis it will serve you well in the future if we continue to guide you in the right direction.

You have a gift Heath Toomey and I hope and pray that you channel all that energy, all that gusto, all that intelligence for the good. You have such a big heart and are so loving and kind to your family that I have no doubt in my mind that you will do great things throughout your lifetime. I am so proud of you and I love you with all of my heart baby boy. You and your brothers are the lights of my life! Happy 5th Birthday Heath Toomey!

Showing everyone your new 5th birthday shirt. I think you liked it!


On the way to some early morning birthday fun at the zoo with Gram!


Getting ready for the 3D movie about baby animals at the zoo. Boy do we look good!


Opening some presents. I think you might be a little happy!


Opening the "Hogo" stick from Gram & Pa... the one you had been "training" for the last 6 months!


A view of the prehistoric cake I decorated for you. You had nicely asked that I decorate a cake with a Pliosaur in the ocean, and a super croc on land that is about to attack a Pterosaur on a nest. Well, there you have it!


A Second View...


Your first look at the birthday cake. You were so cute because you were very excited to tell me how much you liked it but you just had to point out the mistakes as well. For instance, "I really like it mom, I really do but technically a Pliosaur would never eat an Elasmosaurus. But that's okay, I really do like it." You are too funny Heath Toomey!


I am so glad we got that Slip n Slide for the 100* weather that evening. You all had such a great time playing in water!


Keeping cool...


Good friends celebrating a very special boy!


Playing in the castle...


Ya'll look so cute in this picture. You can just tell you were having so much fun outside right before this.


I love this picture of you and your friend. I love the way he is looking at you... very sweet.


Here's to another year my love... Happy 5th Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, Heath is awesome. His comments on the cake have me cracking up. he sounds like a dinosaur expert!!!

    ReplyDelete