"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do.
God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know,
and holds us responsible to act." Prov 24:12

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Kindle Fire

First, let me start off by saying that I am really behind on my blogging and for that I apologize. Sasha has a wonderfully large group of supporters out there who mean so much to us and my intention has always been to keep blogging so everyone can watch his progress and growth. Sometimes, things get a little busy though and before you know it... it has been 2 months since a blog has been written! So, instead of getting stressed about all the things I haven't posted but wanted to... I am going to just try and start blogging again from where we are at now and if I get to the previous posts eventually, then all the better! So where are we now? Well the post I wanted to start off this new year with is about a gift that Sasha received for Christmas.

As you can see by the post title, Sasha received a Kindle Fire for Christmas and it has been wonderful for him. These types of touchscreen devices like the Fire, the I-Pad, etc. are absolute blessings for individuals with limb differences such as Sasha's. They can do so much on them and are not hindered in the slightest because of a limb difference. Independently, he can play all sorts of educational games (which is great for working on his language skills!), read book, have interactive books read to him by the device, watch movies/tv shows... the list goes on and on. Here are some pics and videos of Sasha and his Fire...

Playing the piano at his desk...



Working on that alphabet...



Loving the new red case that holds it upright...



Oh, & did I forget to mention that the other boys each got a Fire as well (well not daddy but the little ones... oh and me as well)! Thanks Ami & Papi for the Fires & thank you Gram & Pa for loading all of them up with great material! The boys are very happy (as am I)!



I just had to add this one in because he is just so cute... plus, it shows just how big he is getting. This was taken on New Year's Eve. Doesn't he look so much older?!



Working on his shapes & letters... sideways of course. He loves to push all the wrong answers before he pushes the right one, even though he knows it... that little bugger! Look at that smile!
video

Concentrating hard on his alphabet...
video

Sasha loves Go Dog Go & was so excited to read it on the Fire. He was flipping through the pages like crazy & kept going back to his favorite page where they go around & around on the ferris wheel.
video

A little song on the piano to close this post...
video

4 comments:

  1. How adorable is he! Oh my does he look so grown up! Happy New Year to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! He is super amazing and really growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the update, and yes, I miss your blog posts! I can't believe how grown up Sasha looks.

    ReplyDelete