"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do.
God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know,
and holds us responsible to act." Prov 24:12

Monday, June 25, 2012

Today the boys & I went to the 2012 Olympic Swim Trials. We all had such a great time together. It was one of those times that I will look back & treasure with my boys. We got to see Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte, & Natalie Coughlin swim among others. We had awesome seats and I have to say, I am so proud of the boys. They sat quietly (thank you Kindle Fire!) for 5 hours and let their mama (who is a big swim fan) watch swimming. The family of one the swimmers next to us kept telling me how wonderfully well behaved they were and one of the grandmas even called them "angels". Yay for my boys... I'm so proud of them & so grateful they let me have that experience! Now for some pics. Here is Micheal Phelps getting out of the water after winning his race... it always amazes me just how big he is! Heath looking cute as always. Last time we went to the Olympic swim trials was four years ago in 2008 when Heath was only 2 and I was still pregnant with Brooks. How quickly things change. Here is my big six year old four years later! The boys & I. Not a great pic of me but oh well... at least I got one with me in it which never happens! Bowen having a good time! Brooksy looking adorable... last time we went to the trials he could only hear them as I was still pregnant with him. I can't believe how big he has gotten. What a cutie! We seriously had great seats thanks to a wonderful colleague of my husband. We sat right behind all the reporters. Here are the guys from NBC sports doing their live broadcast. We stopped by the Aqua Zone after the races. Here is Amanda Beard signing autographs. I think Uncle Colin would have been happy! Brooks & Heath checking out the official car of the Olympics, a BMW. I think they like it! I think Bowen was loving that ride too. Look at that smile! Brooksy taking a little break as only Brooksy can do... Next stop, London! Waiting in line for the Nemo ride... being crazy little boys. Heath getting ready to ride the Finding Nemo shark... Heath sizing himself up to Michael. He starts swim team soon so he has to start sizing up the competition, LOL! Brooksy checking out his wingspan compared to Michael's... And finally, Bowen hanging with Michael...

1 comment:

  1. What a memory for you and the boys!! The boys are beautiful as well as angels I am sure!! My kids are just learning to swim...they are so excited!

    ReplyDelete